Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Choruses from the Book of the Psalms – part 2

My last post was Choruses we used to sing or that I know from the Book of the Psalms. I only gave the choruses we sang from Book 1 of Psalms. Do I hear someone say, “Book 1 of Psalms? What are you talking about?” The Psalms are divided into five books and a good place to read about this is here. This post is from books 2 and 3.
It looks like a lot, doesn’t it? But as I wrote last time, we wanted to sing Scripture songs. They are short so you can easily sing several. They are usually easy to learn and sing. And best of all, you are singing the Word of God. Praise and worship music has changed a lot over the years, so a good question is, If I were in a leadership position in a church again, would I introduce these songs? Yes, I would!
And like I said last time, I encourage you to go through and sing what you know. Remember, God “inhabits the praises of His people” and “a merry heart doeth good like a medicine” (we know a chorus from that verse as well!).


46:10  Be still, and know that I am God 3x

I am the Lord that healeth thee 3x
---------------
47:1  Clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
Clap your hands all ye people, shout unto God with a voice of praise
Hosanna, hosanna, shout unto God with a voice of triumph
Praise Him, praise Him shout unto god with a voice of praise
---------------
48:1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised
in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
2  Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth,
is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
---------------
50:23  Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me 2x
and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
---------------
51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 2x
11  Cast me not away from thy presence, O Lord; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation, and renew a right spirit within me
---------------
55:22  Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee
he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. 2x
16  As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
17  Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
---------------
57:9  I will give thanks to thee, O Lord, among the people:
I will sing praises to thee among the nations.
10  For thy steadfast love is great, is great unto the heavens,
and thy faithfulness, thy faithfulness to the clouds.
11  Be exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be over all the earth.
---------------
61:1  Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2  From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee,
and when my heart is overwhelmed: please lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3  For thou hast been a shelter unto me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
and when my heart is overwhelmed: please lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
---------------
63:3-4  thy lovingkindness is better than life 2x
my lips shall praise thee.
Thus will I bless thee
I will lift up my hands unto thy name.

I lift my hands up, unto thy name 2x
my lips shall praise thee.
Thus will I bless thee
I will lift up my hands unto thy name.
---------------
65:1 Praise waiteth for thee, O God, praise waiteth for thee
praise waiteth for thee Lord, waiteth for in Sion
---------------
68:1-3  Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered 2x
O let God arise, let his enemies be scattered, let God, let God arise

let them also that hate him flee before him 3x
let them, let them depart

Let saints be glad, let the righteous rejoice 3x
let saints, let saints be glad (believe it or not, I added lines 2 and 3)
---------------
68:4  Sing unto God, sing praises to his name 2x
extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name 3x
by his name JAH
and rejoice before him, and rejoice before him, and rejoice, rejoice before him 2x
---------------
72:18  Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel 2x
who only doeth wondrous things, who only doeth wondrous things
19  And blessed be his glorious name for ever
and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen. Amen. Amen. Amen
---------------
86:10-12  For thou art great, and doest wondrous things:
thou art God alone. Teach me thy way, O LORD;
I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart:
and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
---------------
89:1  I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever, I will sing, I will sing
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever I will sing of the mercies of the Lord
with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness, thy faithfulness
with my mouth will I make known they faithfulness to all generations.
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever I will sing of the mercies of the Lord
---------------

No comments:

Post a Comment