Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hope today goes more smoothly


I got off yesterday at 7 am. This is great, looking at two days off!

I went to Bi-Lo to pick up some bread and some more Breyer’s ice cream, which is on sale, buy-one-get-one-free. But the week end shoppers cleaned them out. No big deal, I have until Tuesday night to try again. Then I went to Dunkin’ Donuts to get some donuts, 6 for $3.99. But the sale must have ended on August 1. Oh well, I just headed home.

Ate a little breakfast, checked facebook, washed clothes, talked to some Meesters on Skype and went to bed. At 2 pm I was awakened by loud banging on the door. “Who is it?” It was Tiernan (he had spent the night), “I’m hungry.” That boy is always hungry! We laughed about that all day, but I also told him, “Next time, just come into the room and gently shake me awake.” So now I’m up. A little ahead of schedule.

I called the library about my “expired card” and they tell me that this is a new policy and I have to drive down there and show them my ID to renew my card. When I mention that there was no notice of impending expiration the librarian says the My Account page shows that. It doesn’t. I am rather frustrated by this and fire off an e-mail to the library to tell them so. It won’t change anything and they won’t even reply, and sadly, I don’t even feel any better about this. I only go to downtown Rock Hill to pick up or return books . . . I better stop before I get all worked up again! I would like to know who thought up this dumb plan.

I checked the mail and had a notice about something I have to go to the post office to pick up – requires a signature. Tiernan and I hop in the jeep and head that way. But when I pulled into the parking lot it dawned on me, “A notice today means it is not available until tomorrow.” (the chicken scratchings on the notice were barely decipherable). So off we went to Home Depot for some topsoil.

The Home Depot trip went well. Found the top soil AND some black-eyed susans. I have been wanting some of these for a long time. Bought two pots. Came home and filled the holes in the backyard and discovered I already had some black-eyed susans in another section - I had been told they were a different but similar plant. I was actually happy about that. I have them and now I have more!

 
       the two pots I bought                       the ones already in my garden

It was a beautiful day so we were in and out. After Mary went off to work, Tiernan and I headed out to pick up a movie and some supper. I belong to Blockbuster@home and part of the benefit is I can take a disc received in the mail to Blockbuster and exchange it for a disc in the store. We picked on out but at the check-out they told me they needed to update my credit card information. They had already required that I have a membership card and show my ID every time I come in and I confess, I lost it. So (edited version) I told them No and we left, sans the movie.

After supper I called Dish and lodged my complaint. The guy listened and apologized and started to tell me they did need to update their information, but I cut him off. “No. YOU have all kinds of personal information on me and THEY are part of you!” I finished with, “I’m just telling you, I came to you from Netflix and am this close to going back.” Tiernan urges me to go back to Netflix every chance he gets.

At least it was a beautiful night and I’m reading a good book – on my Nook and not from the library!

I am off today and that in itself is great! Here’s hoping today goes more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment