Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I need cash....

A man came in last night, who has not been in the store in a while. He said, "Been a while since I seen you." I agreed. Then he leaned on the counter and announced, "I need some cash." I looked at him, wondering if he meant what it sounded like (that he was robbing me) and thinking this was strange. He explained, "I've got $16 in mostly gold coins and I need some bills." I laughed, told him what I thought he might've meant and gave him cash for the coins. Then I bought the thirteen gold coins from the drawer. Going in my Hawai'i fund.


Another man came in and had a pack of light blue American Spirit cigarettes in his hand. He said, “I bought these here earlier and it's the wrong flavor. Can I trade them for the ones I want?”
“No.” And then I explained that he didn’t buy them from me, so I don’t know if he bought them here or not, and that once you leave the store with tobacco products you can’t return them anyway.
“Can I buy the flavor I want, get a receipt, and return tomorrow and switch packs for the flavor I want?”
“No.” Then I looked at our cigarettes - we still had 1 light blue box left. I explained, I count cigarettes every night; there were two last night when I counted and I sold one pack after the count… “You didn’t buy these here.”
“I bought them at a Kangaroo, but I don't remember which one...”
Whatever. “Go to that one.”
“Ok. Can I have a pack of Newport 100s?”
So what was all that about???


Still another man came for box of Newports. $5.91. He had $5 in cash and coins. So he went out to his car to look for more money. It always amazes me that people can almost always go out to their car and find money. He came back with 91 pennies. 91 nasty looking pennies. I got a cup and said, "Put the pennies in the cup. I'm gonna wash them first!"


Just another Tuesday night at the Roo.

No comments:

Post a Comment