Thursday, May 10, 2012

Two questions that will make you laugh (at me)


It rained a lot yesterday. Around 10:45, when I was getting ready to go to work, I heard crickets. And I wondered, “When crickets start singing after a rain, does that mean it won’t rain anymore that night?” Well, y’know what? It didn’t rain again last night. Hmmm . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve been thinking about this next one for a little while, so last night I asked two different police officers this question: “I know that if I am caught in public with any amount of marijuana I will be charged according to the amount I possess. BUT, what if I have two or three plants in my yard just for my personal use – is that a crime also?” The answer both times was, Yes.
So, it would appear that the very existence of the plant in South Carolina is against the law. When I told one of the officers that he said it was that way in the entire USofA. I corrected him, “Some states allow the growth and use of ‘medical marijuana’. He immediately replied, “With a license!” I said, “License or no license, it’s not against the law in every state.”
Just a question I had been pondering – this does not mean I have some growing or am thinking about growing some. From what I’ve read it's difficult to grow anyway :-)

As I was discussing this with the second officer, a high school kid comes in and asks him, “Why is it against the law for you ‘fake arrest’ me for a prom photo?” Imagine that, interrupting my serious question and discussion with a stupid question!

No comments:

Post a Comment