Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Choruses I sang last night at work


Last night I read Joshua 5, which ends this way:
13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?  
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?  
15 And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

And that naturally reminded of the chorus, For The Lord is Marching On. I cannot remember if we sang this at Bible Covenant, but I have always loved this song. Sad to say, all I could recall last night was the refrain, but when I got home I sang it all a couple of times! Hope you know it and can sing it as well!!

For the Lord Is Marching On
by Bonnie Low

For the Lord is marching on
And His army is ever strong
And His glory shall be seen upon our land
Raise the anthem, sing the victor's song
Praise the Lord for the battle's won
No weapon formed against us shall stand

For the Captain of the host is Jesus
We're following in His footsteps
No foe can stand against us in the fray

We are marching in Messiah's band
The keys of victory in His mighty hand
Let us march on to take our promised land!
For the Lord is marching on
And His army is ever strong
And His glory shall be seen upon our land

© 1977 Scripture in Song

And that led me to this next song, which I know we sang at BCCC (and I think it was a favorite). Again, I could only sing the refrain last night, but this morning…

Gird up your Armour

The Lord has given a land of good things
I will press in and make them mine
I’ll know His power, I’ll know His glory
And in His kingdom I will shine

With the high praises of God in our mouth
And a two-edged sword in our hand
We will march right on to the victory side
Right into Canaan’s land

Gird up your armour, ye sons of Zion
Gird up your armour, let’s go to war
We’ll win the battle with great rejoicing
And sing His praises more and more

Ahhh, go ahead and sing out loud to the Lord! What, you don't know these? Make an appointment with me and I will teach them to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment