Sunday, October 28, 2012

Songs I sang this morning


This morning at the beginning of the service, the song leader read Psalm 91:1. I immediately leaned over to Mary and she was already nodding her head. You see, Howard Childers taught us and we used to sing Psalm 91:1-2. And so I began to sing:

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High 
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty 2x

And I will say of the LORD, 
He is my refuge 
and my fortress
my God
in him will I trust. 2x


At the start of his message, the Pastor read Psalm 46. When he reached v 10 I began to sing:

Be still, and know that I am God  3x


Then a little later in his message, he had reason to go Psalm 18. And I began to sing:

From v 2
Praise the name of Jesus (2x)
He's my rock, He's my fortress
He's my deliverer, in Him will I trust
Praise the name of Jesus

And then from v 3 and 46

I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised
so shall I be saved from my enemies. 2x

The LORD liveth; and blessed be the rock; 
and may the God of my salvation be exalted. 2x

Great songs!

I knew there was another song from Psalm 18, but since I *was paying attention it didn’t come to me until I got home. And actually, I know it, but we never sang it. from 18:29

I can run through a troop and leap over a wall Hallelujah, hallelujah!
He's my strength and my shield He gives power to all Hallelujah, hallelujah!
I am free from condemnation Jesus is the Rock of my salvation.
I can run through a troop And leap over a wall Hallelujah, hallelujah!

So I sang a lot this morning, officially and unofficially! Funny thing is, in all the songs I sang in my head, I was never off key. Not once!

No comments:

Post a Comment