Friday, November 22, 2013

I made a fire and thought about Watch

Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Watch ye. I have been thinking about this for a while. Back in June of 2012 I wrote a post on this very subject. You can read it here.

I confess, I don’t pray as much as I should. I’m not being humble, I know this is an area of weakness. But I have been impressed over this past year that I don’t know much about watching. And here it is again.

Tonight, I made a fire. When I sit by the fire I have time to think and meditate. Tonight I realized you have to watch a fire. You have to add more wood: sometimes small pieces, other times larger pieces. Sometimes you stir it up. Other times you move the wood around so it will burn better or more evenly. When a piece of wood falls off to the side, you put it back on the fire. While I enjoy the fire, the flames, the color, the warmth, I have to watch it to get the full benefit.

I thought, “Could this be what watch is like?” There are some comments in my earlier post along this very line. Watch ye. Be awake. Be alert. What do I need to pray for and about? What is God doing? Where is He working? What do I need Him to do? I need to meditate on this earlier post. Watching is important and I need to take heed and watch unto prayer. The Lord seems to be stressing this to me.

Lord, teach me to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment