Friday, May 23, 2014

An Entertaining Thursday Night

A few entertaining encounters from last night that were too many for fb posts. So I offer them here in chronological order.


A man came in and said, “You still here? You been here a long time.”
“Yeah, I’m the guy who won’t go away.”
He said, “You consistently need money like everyone else. Them bills just keep coming.”
Truth.


The first customer in line told me that he got laid off tonight. I asked him where he worked and he said, “NASA. I worked with Captain Kirk exploring the universe.”
I said, "I know that’s not right. Capt. Kirk had a ‘Federation Starship’ not a ‘NASA starship’."
He was caught, so he admitted that much! On his way out I said, “Kangaroocareers.com”!
“Thanks a lot”
“Yeah it kinda adds insult to injury, doesn’t it?”
The man behind him  was the manager of the next door Pizza Hut. I said, “You didn’t tell him how to get on at Pizza Hut.”
He replied, “He can go to ' [expletive]pizzahut.com. ' He can have my job.”
I laughed and asked, With all the money you’re making over there?”
He said, “You need to get you a different job. You a d____ good comedian. D___ good!”


A man and a woman came in and made their purchases separately. After she paid for her beer, he came up with his. In a reply to me he used an expletive and said, “I’m sorry.”
She said, You’ll have to forgive him, he grew up on the Rock Hill High side of town!”


Four young men came in and they all headed for the rest room. And they all went into the rest room! (It’s a one seater.) I kept watching them because I had never seen this before. Three were inside and one was holding the door open. He saw me watching this spectacle and explained, “We’ve been fishing and needed to wash out hands.”
[Oh…….]
One of the young men had on a shirt that said, ‘Athlete of the Week.’
I asked him about it and he explained that he went to Westminster-Catawba and had just been offered and accepted a scholarship to play basketball at Erskine. “I am the first one from my school to ever get a scholarship.”
He didn’t really seem very excited so I made the observation, “You don’t seem to excited.”
He said, “It’s OK. It’s still school.”
[Yeah, it is.]

No comments:

Post a Comment