Saturday, May 10, 2014

Look what I found!

I was sitting on the lanai, enjoying a Louis L’Amour novel on my Nook and a White Owl when a bird flew in real close. Real close. I think he was a young Mockingbird. He grabbed at something in the yard, but dropped it. Since it kept moving I figured it was a snake. The bird kept dancing around it. Then he was joined by another bird. Then a third. These other two were brown and a little larger, but I don’t know what kind. And then by a bright red Cardinal. Cardinals are real skittish, but he was so interested in this that he stayed close. Up in the tree, then down on the grass. All four of them. Keeping a wary eye on me, on the snake, and on each other. I watched the snake crawl right up to the lanai. Finally, the birds flew away.

When they did that I got up and went searching for the snake. I found him and caught him. After taking these photos I let him go again. I sat back down to read some more and finish the White Owl. A bird flew back and rested on the branch above the grass. I gave him permission to catch the snake, but after a few minutes he flew a little bit away, squawking at me.

Great morning so far!!


I dropped him into the bucket so I could run inside and grab the camera

He must be 6 ft long! Not really. 2 or 3 ft maybe (??)

No comments:

Post a Comment