Sunday, November 30, 2014

In Which I Perambulate

I woke up this morning around 5:30 and decided to take a walk outside. I got dressed and took off.

Behind the hotel (we're in Ohio visiting Anne & Dave) I discovered a good sized hill
This is the hill at the end of my walk. It was dark when I began

I climbed the hill and it was all tall grass; in the distance a line of trees. Cool! It is fun walking in a field in the dark, but I kept on. I reached the crest and looked back

This is our hotel


Shortly after this I discovered water. When I drew near, something began plopping into  the water! Frogs?? Couldn't see what it was, so I pressed on.

I came to a patch of briars and when I went around it I came upon a nicely mowed field. Looked like a park.
The view of the other side of the hill


A lone light! Interesting!

I found a huge parking lot and rather large building. So naturally I walked all around it. The  grounds were incredibly well manicured. And the back of the building had a beautiful surprise:


a panoramic view

This turned out to be the Met Life building.

I headed back to the hotel. A nice two hour perambulation!

The view from the hotel parking lot at the end of my walk. Glorious!

A great start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment