Thursday, November 6, 2014

What do you want to do?

I woke up the other afternoon, I don’t know, around 5 (remember, I work nights and sleep all day), and was still tired. When I said, “I’m tired”, Mary asked me, “What do you want to do, so you don’t wake up tired?”

I am hearing this question often lately, “What would you like to do?”

My first thought is often, What other kind of job would I like? Where do I even look for such a job? But, I am hearing this often enough that I’m beginning to think this is God prompting me to ask myself, What would I like to do?

Last year, April to be exact, my pastor asked me that and it changed my prayer requests. I got specific, I wanted to have the opportunity to preach and teach. And He answered. I’ve had opportunities to teach a couple of times and preach a few times. Not as many as I would like, but a few. And I’m grateful!

And now the question is coming up again. And I’m persuaded this is more than, What kind of job would you like? 

What do you want to do?

This is a big question. Not simply, What can I do, and arrange? But, what has God put in my heart that He can make possible? As I pray and wait on the Lord for vision, I know this much, I am praying for the fulfillment of Psalm 92:12-15 in my life:

The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.  
Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.  
They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;  
To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Amen. That’s my prayer in a nutshell, I want to still bring forth fruit in old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment