Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A good word

Exodus 3:7  And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;


Last night this verse came to mind, particularly, [I] have heard their cry. I meditated on that for much of the night. Actually, I put together a sermon on this passage. Pretty good message too, full of comfort, encouragement, and hope.

Last night I thought this would be a good message/sermon for the brethren. And it would be. But tonight the thought came to me, Perhaps this was a word for me, and all that I conceived as comfort, encouragement, and hope for the brethren was instead, or first, a good word for me.

And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;  8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; Exodus 3:7-8

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment