Friday, January 20, 2017

Yet another dream


When Mary got home from work yesterday morning we talked a little about her night, then she asked me, “Are you OK?”

“Yes, but I’m upset with you,” I answered with a straight face.

Now I had her attention! “Why??”

“You woke me up at 5 AM.”

Then I shared my dream:

I was dreaming this morning, I can't recall the rest of the dream, but I was lying down on the bed, sleeping or trying to sleep. You walked up to the edge of the bed, grabbed my arm, pulled me up and said, "Time to get up, Jeff, it's 5 o'clock." This was so startling that I woke up. I looked at the clock and it was 4:55! Even more startling! I lay there for a while trying to figure out what this might mean. Nothing came to me so I prayed for the girls and their family.

“So yeah, you woke me up at 5 AM” I said with a smile.

She replied, “That's just so weird.” (Truth be told, she responds to most of my dreams that way ☺) “That’s almost eerie.”


I dream a lot. Or, if all of us dream, I remember quite a few of my dreams. Most times they are just fun to recall. But there have been other times when things have been revealed to me in them. I believe God has spoken to me a few times in my dreams. Since this one was particularly vivid, later on that day I contacted everyone, told them about the dream, and asked if any of them had anything I could be praying about. I haven’t heard back from anyone.

Sometimes dreams are just strange. This very morning I woke up from a dream that continued every time I fell back asleep. It was so strong it was there even as lay there half awake. I didn’t like the plot or its stubbornness, so I got up. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment