Tuesday, June 19, 2018

My riding mower died, but I pushed on

my riding mower, just sitting there
On April 20 my riding lawn mower died. It can be fixed, but for a variety of reasons I decided to wait on it. Meanwhile, I am using my push mower.

my just cut front yard

my yet to be cut back yard

I have a good size yard. It takes over an hour to mow the front yard and just under an hour for the back. I feel good about it and plan to continue. But . . .

I will confess, halfway through the front yard I begin to question the wisdom of my decision. And I abandon my plan to mow both the front and back this time.

It’s hot, I’m sweating up a storm, my legs are burning, but I press on. Several years ago, Mary described me as “a plodder.” And I don’t think that was a compliment. But it definitely captures me in the front yard – just keep going, one foot after the other!

But you know what? I feel good and plan to continue. Even though I fertilized the front yard this year and the grass is growing like crazy! I will plod on, or in this case, push on.

No comments:

Post a Comment