Monday, May 20, 2024

When the Holy Ghost applies the brakes


Oh, I’m sorry, I'm old school, When the Holy Spirit applies the brakes.

At the beginning of May I posted a 3 part series, Are we living in the last days? You can read them  here. At the end of Part 1 I pointed out that the biblical view of time is this present world and the world to come. It was part of my original plan to add a related post on the words world and age, but every time I sat down to write something, the Holy Spirit would put His foot on the brakes. How? Well, for starters, I couldn’t even write the first sentence!

In between empty trips to the laptop, He would prompt me, “Read this…look here…study that…” As a result, this morning I had a breakthrough – my subject was far richer and deeper than I realized! If I had pressed on and written something, it would have been so inadequate, so shallow.

So this is my post today: Thank You, Lord, for guiding me, and giving me grace to listen to the still small voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment