Friday, February 11, 2011

Sleep, Bells, and the Rapture

Sleep
A lady came in last night and bought a two pack of Stacker 2 6 Hour Power. She said, “I have to work for 12 hours and got very little sleep.”
What is in this stuff? Taurine, Malic Acid, Caffeine, Glucuronolactone, N Acetyl, L Trosine, L Phenylalnine, Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Cellulase, Lactase, natural and artificial flavors. What?? Natural flavors? Just what does glucuronolactone taste like? This is real popular stuff. I’m afraid to drink what I can’t pronounce. Why don’t people just sleep?

Speaking of sleep. I don’t mind admitting, I need. Sometimes I lay back down for a little and wake up feeling human again! Now, all the women in my family can run on little or no sleep.

Bells
We used to have a bell on the door at work so we could hear customers entering. The big wigs told us to take them off because we had “tuned them out” anyway. First night with them and customers would be right behind me before I knew it! A friend suggested I hang the bells on the door and take them off before the managers come in - sure hope a manager is not reading this. So that is what I do. No one sneaks in on me now!Sure wish sin had a bell on the door…

Car Wash
The dirt washed off the cars turns into mud. Did you know that the mud pops at night as it dries? Like the marsh at low tide. Kinda cool.

Pawn Shops
I’m 65 years old and I have never been in a pawn shop. I was driving around with Aimee and said that and she said, “Granddaddy, you’re not 65!” Well, I have never been in a pawn shop. Am I missing anything?

My Computer
My computer is not well and I need to take it to somebody to get them to look at it. I’m told the geek squad will charge more to look at it than it may take to fix it. What to do, what to do?

The Rapture
I thought about making this a post in itself, but I will offer it here. I am here listing every single verse in the NT that teaches a secret, pre-tribulation coming of Christ to rapture the Church:



Hope that wasn’t too technical. Or too long!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! That was actually really funny!

    But btw, I am not one of those that can run on very little sleep. :-)

    And I doubt that you're missing anything by not having been in a pawn shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-read this when I woke up and I have got to say, something happens to my material when I copy and paste - stuff gets left out!! Or, I need an editor. haha

    ReplyDelete