Thursday, September 13, 2012

Random thoughts (from a well ordered mind)


A couple of weeks before vacation I painted the two bathrooms. When I returned I painted the hallway. A couple of hours later I felt like I had been beat up. When I thought about this, I realized I felt the same way after painting the bathrooms. It would seem that this is the result of all the twisting, reaching, and climbing that goes with painting. Ahhh, age.


I am glad to be back in good standing with the library. I have already picked up a couple of books and I have one waiting to be picked up. The other day I went to get the DVD, “Hawaii Five 0 Season 5.” The librarian said, “This is the real Hawaii Five 0!” I agreed and said, “I thought I was the only one.” She said, “Oh no. And I am so angry about what they have done with the new one.”
I went home to watch my DVD and in the first episode I saw a stretch of Kalanianaole Highway that I used to travel nearly every day! That is so cool.


While we were down at Edisto I learned that my daughter talks to dolphins too.


I left for the beach thinking that some plants of mine would be dried up when I returned. I mean, I have to water them nearly every day or they get all shriveled. I thought my star glory vine would be among the casualties. Instead, upon my return I found more blooms than ever on it. I told Mary, “It’s like the vine thought, ‘Well, this is it. I better bloom like crazy for soon I perish.’” She said I give my plants too much credit. She didn’t offer a better answer, just didn’t like mine.

A couple of days later I found a green tomato. She told me that Anne had brought it with her from Ohio. That was over two weeks ago and it was still green. I made the comment, “There’s no way this will ripen.” I hated to throw it out so I laid it back on the counter. Yet the next day it was turning red! I showed it to Mary and said, “You’re gonna laugh at me, but I think it heard me and thought, ‘I’ll show him!’” She just shook her head. It would seem I live in a rather animated world. It’s so much more fun that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment