Sunday, December 23, 2012

Happened again


It happened again this morning. The pastor told us to turn to 1 John 4:7-11. As soon as he started reading, Mary and I both looked at each other and I began to sing (inside!):

Beloved, let us love one another: 
for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, 
and knoweth God.
He that loveth not (clap clap clap) knoweth not God; for God is love.
Beloved, let us love one another
1 John 4: 7 & 8

When I mentioned this after church, I discovered I wasn’t the only one! It’s neat to be able to sing the Scripture.

A little later he read 4: 19, We love him, because he first loved us. And guess what? Ha! Yep:

O how I love Jesus,
O how I love Jesus,
O how I love Jesus,
Because He first loved me!

On the way home I mentioned this to Mary. We talked about how we learned two other choruses that went with this. And we worked it out and sang them all – much to the delight of Isabelle and Jack. “Sing it again.” That’s right, I was asked for an encore!! The three together are:

O how I love Jesus (3x)
Because He first loved me!

To me, he is so wonderful (and I love him) (3x)
Because he first loved me

Wonderful, wonderful, 
Jesus is to me,
Counsellor, mighty God,
Prince of peace is He.
Saving me, keeping me
from all sin and shame,
Wonderful is my Redeemer.
Praise His Name.

Hope this set you to singing. What? You don’t know these songs? Come hang out with me and I can learn you to sing them. And Mary will make sure we hit all the right notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment