Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Skateboards, the wedding at Cana, and Tony Evans


When I arrived at work last night, I clocked in and counted my drawer. My co-worker told me, “a skateboarder tried to trick me tonight.”
“Really? What happened?”
She said, “This skateboarder came in and wanted a cigarillo. I asked for his ID, but he didn’t have one, so I turned him down. He tried to tell me he really was old enough. He looked 15 and just the fact that he was still riding a skateboard told me he wasn’t 18.”
I cracked up. And the man in my line also began laughing and nodding his head, “She’s right.”


Then around 2:20 a man came in who comes in nearly every week day morning on his way to work. We talk about the Lord and I always ask him what his pastor preached on this past Sunday or Wednesday. He had previously told me that he was in a series on faith on Sundays but tonight he explained that it was on the miraculous works of God. From our conversation, I think he meant how by faith we can experience the working of God. He mentioned specifically, the wedding at Cana and the water to wine miracle.
I told him my favorite part of that story was when Mary turned to the servants and said, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. And talked about how that was the key to walking with and receiving from God - Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
I went on further, “Imagine those servants and their faith. It was water in the water pots. It was water when they filled the pitchers. Somewhere between the water pot and the act of pouring it into the glass it turned into wine.”
His eyes lit up, “You could make a message out of just that verse!”
As he walked out the door he smiled and said, “We’ve had our Bible study this morning.”
Fellowship!


Then around 4:15 another brother came in. He’s out every day delivering papers but doesn’t always make it in for his cup of coffee. But he did this morning. We talked awhile and then I asked him if he was still reading the same book in the Bible, he said yes etc. Then he told he was also reading a book by Tony Evans. Kingdom Man (I think). And he began to explain the book. Sounded good. Then he mentioned his favorite part- “There are three hoods in a man’s life: male-hood, boyhood, manhood. And the question I really like is, ‘Which hood are you living in?’” He went on to talk more about the book, his life, and Tony Evan’s life.
I think I want to get this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment