Monday, July 22, 2013

Mercy: the sweetest word in the Bible

Have mercy upon me, O LORD

I believe mercy is the sweetest word in the Bible. I know about grace and love, and no one can deny their importance, but mercy is the sweetest word.

How often do you read or hear, "Have grace upon me, O Lord"? Never. How many Psalms begin, "Love me, O Lord"? None.

The Psalms are full of this cry, Have mercy upon me, O LORD; and the Gospels are full of encounters like this: Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David. Amen.

Is this not our instinctive heart cry when we are in danger or distress, Have mercy on me?

Mercy is not only the sweetest word, but may very well be the richest word in the Old Testament!

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness

And God will have mercy on us when we call out to Him.

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us

Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment