Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Like a kid in a candy store

I went to Utah last weekend to see my mother an' them (as we used to say in Hawai’i). I had a great time visiting with my family. I also took a couple of sightseeing trips.

SATURDAY
Saturday morning I announced, “Whatever else happens today, I wanna go to Mo Bettah for lunch.” Bruce likes that place as well so we planned a trip.

I also thought it would be cool to see Antelope Island, he agreed, so off we went.


To get there, we went north to Layton and accessed the island via the causeway.


Once on the island, we drove to Frary Peak and then back. Frary Peak is 6,596 ft. We would’ve hiked around but we were pressed for time (it was also raining a good bit and we weren’t dressed for it).

I confess, I am not cool. As we were driving around taking in the sights, I was bouncing around in the car, oooh-ing and ahh-ing like a kid in a candy store. “Look at that” Over there” Down there”

Keeping our eye on the clock we headed back and stopped here for lumch


Same thing. I think it is so neat to be able to get a "plate lunch Hawaiian style" in the middle of Utah! I suspect going places with me can be embarrassing sometimes for grown ups.

SUNDAY
Bruce and Tracey said they wanted to check out Big Cottonwood Canyon. We got ready and set out on our adventure.


We traveled the red road, Big Cottonwood Canyon Scenic Highway, going from left to right. The whole thing. And oh the scenery along the way!! This is a beautiful place. Once again, I was bouncing around in the car, oooh-ing and ahh-ing like a kid in a candy store. “Look at that” Over there” Down there”.

I am not cool and I’m not ashamed to admit it.

Tracey and I are a lot alike, we both hear every trail calling us, “Come, take a hike down me.”

At one point I said, “There has to be a better word than awesome for all this.” Then it hit me. There is. And I told them, “I have it, supercalifragilisticexpealidocious.” They weren’t impressed.

Every time we stopped I ran off this way and that. A little down this trail and them another.

Yep, that’s me, just like a kid in a candy store!


No comments:

Post a Comment