Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Now I know how Naaman felt

Last night I felt terrible. I know this sounds a little odd (but then, what about me doesn’t sound odd?), but I felt my body was telling me I was having issues with my blood pressure. So I asked an EMS friend to check my blood pressure. It was high. High enough to be concerned, so I determined to see somebody about it. And that’s just what I did today, I went to Piedmont East.

I don’t go to the doctor very often, well, hardly ever, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. There were no other patients yet we had quite a long wait. A long wait. Finally, he came in. He asked a couple of questions, looked in my eye, ear, and checked my pulse. Then prescribed some pills and we were out.

When we got home I told Mary, “Now I know how Naaman felt.”

You say, What??

Yeah, Naaman the leper. Here is his story from 2 Kings 5:9-11

So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha. And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean. But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.

Naaman expected a show. A big production. Something other than, Go and wash in Jordan seven times. I understand that better now. I don’t know what I expected but something more than, “Take this pill once a day.”

I’ve got more sympathy for Naaman now. But you know what, God was rather patient with Naaman. The promise was still there for him, Go and wash in Jordan seven times. . . and thou shalt be clean. He did and he was made clean. Since I felt like Naaman, I got the prescription filled.


This photo has absolutely nothing to do with my story, it's just the last thing I see when I leave each night for work. Always fills my heart with joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment