Wednesday, July 20, 2016

In which I go to Ohio

This past weekend we went to Ohio to see my daughter and her family, and to watch my grandsons play some baseball. It was a nice weekend!



Thursday evening I drove down to Columbia to meet my son-in-law and bring my 6 year old granddaughter back so she could accompany us on this trip. Riding with her is always fun!

Friday morning we got up early and set off on our journey north. What a hard trip!







The traffic was terrible all day, including a stopped-still traffic jam in Charlottesville, WV. It took over an hour to get through Charlottesville. Weary and worn we finally arrived in Springboro (Ohio). What a joyous reunion we had! Then we sat down and enjoyed a supper of homemade pizza. Then it was off to bed because we had a long day of baseball on Saturday.




a little creek we discovered

Saturday morning dawned and I was up early, so I took a walk and explored the area around the hotel. Then it was off for a day of baseball! Ryan is 11 and Chase is 9 and the baseball is fun to watch. However, Saturday was not a great day – the team didn’t play well and lost both games. We got back to the house, had tacos, then Aimee and I took a walk





Sunday morning Mary took grandchildren to church and I went to watch another game. This was a great game and well played. Sadly, they lost in the bottom of the 9th (games are normally 6 innings), but it was exciting!

Ryan taking a swing. I love this shot - you can see the ball!
Sunday afternoon we spent lounging in the front yard, thoroughly enjoying an Ohio summer afternoon. After supper at EO Burgers we parted to prepare for an early start on Monday.

Monday didn’t dawn at all - it was raining. And raining hard. It rained buckets all through Ohio. So hard that visibility was maybe 20 feet and I drove with my flashers on most of the time. We finally escaped the rain and stopped in West Virginia for lunch, only to have the rain catch up and pour down more furiously! When the cloud exhausted itself we were off again. After driving all day we made it home.

Oh, I left something out. We had an additional passenger on the way home. My firstborn granddaughter, the lovely Aimee, came back with us for a couple of weeks. How exciting!!

this is Aimee giving her fierce look
Aimee is a writer and this is her, uh, writing
                         
This was a great trip and we had a wonderful time visiting the Meesters of Ohio!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment