Monday, November 28, 2016

Perspective


I thought it would be interesting t take photos of my backyard from three different windows. They were all taken Saturday at 9:20 in the morning. The distance from the window on the right to the window on the left is 30 feet.

When you look out each window you see a different part of the backyard. It is interesting how the yard looks different in each view. And you have a different feel for it when viewing from the different windows. That is perspective.

Which view is the truth?























They are all true because they all look out on the back yard. Not every look will be true - If you are looking at the front yard you simply are not looking at the backyard, no matter how sincerely you believe you are. But no matter which window you choose, if it is looking out on the backyard, you will see the backyard. Your view is true, but incomplete. That is perspective.

Is there a point to this? I’m sure one could be made, but I don’t have one. Friday night I was sitting out by the fire, pondering different things, and this was one of them. Saturday morning I took these photos. I just thought it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment