Monday, September 5, 2011

Vacation

I worked Friday night and we headed off for Edisto on Saturday morning. I made it halfway and Dave had to drive the rest of the way. I was falling asleep at the wheel.

We have a nice house. Dave thought is was on the beach. I thought it was on the marsh. We were both wrong although it is closer to the marsh. It is a really big house. But alas, no internet. We have to go to the Jungle Shack for free Wi-Fi. Woe is us!!

Tiernan came with us on Saturday and had to go back today. So I arranged to meet Sarah halfway. Th traffic going up I-26 reminded me of the freeway in California. I didn’t know that many people lived in South Carolina!

I used Mary’s GPS for the trip. Still not sure how to get here and back. On the way up to Columbia it took me through Charleston. That was OK. But it brought me back a different way. And not the way we usually come down. I went through parts of South Carolina that haven’t been discovered yet! I will admit, it was a real pretty drive.

On the way back Mary called me and told me the waves were real big while I was gone. Should have been here . . . . . . today! Hurricane seems to be affecting the water – really rough with riptides. Real windy too. ‘Course that could just be the coast :-)

Been a good week so far. Enjoying hanging out with the Meesters. Even though Scarlett still won't let me hold her much. Mary K and Lucca arrive tomorrow!

We’ve been too busy to take any pictures. Ha! And we are staying in a big pink house.

Watched Soul Surfer last night – the movie about Bethany Hamilton , the young lady from Kauai whose left arm was bitten off by a shark. Pretty good movie.

Gonna start kayaking tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment