Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My dream


It is now 4:30 am. I had the following dream tonight. I woke up from the dream just before 4 am. It was still so vivid I decided to write it down.
~~~~~~~   ~~~~~~~   ~~~~~~~
I was driving the blue Taurus and heading for Walmart (which was actually in my thoughts and plans for when I woke up). I was driving along and came to a stop sign. When I tried to stop, the brakes were made a funny sound. I turned right and this road had a lot of mud across it. Then I encountered road construction, as in the road ahead was closed. I turned into a lot on the right to turn around. The entrance back to the road was very steep and the traffic at this point, where the road was actually blocked off, was very heavy and fast. It was so steep that I could not wait there for an opening in traffic, but began sliding back down. I couldn’t stop sliding back and in fact slid into the river that suddenly appeared behind me.

It had been night previous to this, but now it was day. And I was in the back seat! I was fully in the river, so I decided to roll all the windows up, jump into the front seat, and hope for something good.

The car began slowly spinning around in the water. There was another vehicle in the water with me. I couldn’t tell if he was also spinning. The river forked ahead of me. The other vehicle went right and for some reason I went to the left, now no longer spinning. Suddenly, I was aware that I was leaving the water and on a road again. And the window on the driver’s side was like one of my jeep windows, only it trimmed in blue to match the Taurus. It had come off. I was holding it in my hand as I drove along, trying to put it back on.

The road was parallel and a good bit below (20-30 ft below) the road I had recently been on. The road got narrower and narrower and then entered an area over-run by tree branches. It was now a railroad track. I couldn’t turn around so I pressed on. Ahead of me was the faintest glimmer of a trail. I could go to the right to some houses or to the left to a building. Both choices went down a good-sized hill. I went left, because I felt like I had been that way before and knew it better. As I went down hill the car became a yellow girl’s bicycle!

When I reached the bottom of the hill, what I thought was an opening in the fence, was not. But there was a man standing there and he lifted the fence up for me and I went through. He looked like a Latino so I thanked him in Spanish. As I rounded the building he began to talk to another man, in perfect English. They were talking about New Jersey and how he was communicating with someone up there who would somehow help him out of the jam he was in.

Behind the building, the drive-way/road that led into a trailer park was also blocked, but I had the feeling I knew where I was. As I was lifting the yellow girl’s bike over this barricade, I could hear the man behind saying it was a sorry thing that I had to ride a girl’s bike.

Then I woke up.

Wow! I am amazed at how clear this still is to me and how I have no idea what it means. But I think I will wait until daybreak to go to Walmart, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment