Sunday, February 17, 2013

I had a dream this morning


I had a dream this morning. The intensity woke me up.

I was scheduled to sing the Star Spangled Banner for the opening of a grocery store. We had one run through planned. When I was about to start singing, there was a change in the organist – from an old man to a middle aged woman. When the new organist was ready, she began to play and I must’ve missed my cue because she had to start again. Then, I started to sing. Oh, I had such a rich baritone voice!

But there was this fellow beside me who was jabbering away. I got confused and repeated a line, the wrong line. So we stopped. I turned to him and ‘lit into him.’ I pushed him up against a stack of cans (cans were falling all around him) and essentially told him, “When I’m through with this, I’m gonna meet you outside...” (There were actual words spoken, but I cannot remember them.) He got scared and took off.

I looked at the clock, it was few minutes before 8 and I was to sing at 8. (Interestingly, the clock was a face clock, not one of these digital ones.) On the shelf right before me were several hymnbooks, so I began desperately looking through them for the song so I could recall the words, but none of them had the song! None of them had the song! What was I to do?

Wake up, I suppose!! I can still hear that rich deep voice I had!! Now I'm off to walk around in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment