Monday, January 13, 2014

A Psalm that is my own prayer request

Yesterday, in Sunday School, I came across Psalm 143. I've read the Psalms several times and so I'm sure I've read this one before. But yesterday it seemed like the first time i had ever seen it. My first thought was, "A Psalm that is my own prayer request!" I am posting the Psalm, no comments. The only thing I have done is arrange it in it's rhyming order and remove all words in italics. Have mercy O Lord and hear my prayer.

Hear my prayer, O LORD, 
give ear to my supplications: 
in thy faithfulness answer me, 
in thy righteousness.  
And enter not into judgment with thy servant: 
for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.  
For the enemy has persecuted my soul; 
he has smitten my life down to the ground; 
he has made me to dwell in darkness, 
as those that have been long dead.  
Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; 
my heart within me is desolate.  
I remember the days of old; 
I meditate on all thy works; 
I muse on the work of thy hands.  
I stretch forth my hands unto thee: 
my soul to thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.  
Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit fails: 
hide not thy face from me, 
lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.  
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; 
for in thee do I trust: 
cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; 
for I lift up my soul unto thee.  
Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies: 
I flee unto thee to hide me.  
Teach me to do thy will; 
for thou my God: 
thy spirit good; 
lead me into the land of uprightness.  
Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: 
for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.  
And of thy mercy cut off my enemies, 
and destroy all them that afflict my soul: 
for I thy servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment