Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Customers. You gotta love ‘em

Just a few humorous recent interactions with customers.

People often pay for their purchases with coins. Lots of coins. As I am able I will roll the coins to facilitate counting the drawer at the end of my shift and whenever I have a roll of quarters I will often ask people, “Would you like $10 in quarters?” Every once in a while someone really does want $10 in quarters, but these two people didn’t!

One woman responded, “Lord no! God no! Please, Lord, No!”

A little later a man replied, “I swear I don’t!”

I guess they really didn’t want the quarters!!


The next night a woman came in wearing a Waffle House uniform. Waffle House is right across the street and I often see their workers on break. Anyway, she bought a beer. I commented, “If this is what you get to do on break, I really need to go to work at Waffle House.” She immediately cried out, literally cried out, “Oh God no! Please don’t ever get a job at Waffle House!!”

With a recommendation like that, I think I will abstain from applying at the Waffle House!


This morning a woman came in and asked for a box of Newports. I had never seen her before and she looked young so I asked for her ID. She said, “It’s in the car, I’ll bring it back in.” I didn’t move and she said, “You need it now?” “Yes, ma’am.” She said, “It’s too cold for that. Just give me $12 in gas.”

Makes you wonder about that ‘ID in the car’ doesn’t it?


Customers. You gotta love ‘em.

No comments:

Post a Comment