Sunday, August 21, 2016

Well, that was a strange dream

I was driving a delivery truck, but I was driving it while laying on the roof of the cab! As I got into town I began to look for an opportunity to get back inside the cab so I would have better control of the truck. At last, such an opportunity presented itself: the traffic ahead was stopped, so I came to a stop behind some horses at what appeared to be a railroad crossing. I jumped off the roof. There was some altercation on the ground that I don't remember in much detail - the front wheel of my truck had slid off the road into a hole and some man pushed it back on to the road.
When it was time to get into the cab, suddenly the driver was an older man named Jack. In order to get into the cab, I had to climb through the driver’s window. At this point it was as if I was his spirit. Every time he stopped and got out, I got out. When he got back in I would have to climb in through the window, but it was difficult. He had some traffic related difficulty and got out and dealt with it. He got back in the truck. This time, when I tried to climb back in the driver's window, I had a really hard time getting in.
As we were driving down the road, he started talking about people who were getting on him about driving (he was retired but driving again). I was about to ask him if he enjoyed what he was doing when his driving became erratic. He was driving on the shoulder, really more off the shoulder. I started yelling, “Jack, get back on the road!” He couldn't hear me. We were now off the road, in fact, it was if we were flying. Jack was having such a grand time! I was yelling, “Jack, this isn't a plane. Jack!!” But he couldn't hear me. Then ahead of us the scenery changed - everything in front of us was now a nondescript wall. I sat back into the seat and said softly, “Get ready, Jack.” Then we hit the wall and Jack died. On the other side of the wall there was nothing, no scenery, just empty. We heard a deep and comforting Voice above us, “Come to me.” And I watched Jack rise up.

This was a very vivid dream!


It is like my dreams are stitched together. I’m sure this dream had flowed out of another one that I don’t remember, and after this it became another dream that was related to the altercation on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment