Monday, February 20, 2012

My Nook, Angry Birds, and that feeling of superiority

Here are a few thoughts that were too many to write as simple facebook posts.

Last night Tiernan saw my Nook. He said, “Your Nook. I haven’t seen this in a long time. Do you have Angry Birds?”
I said, “No. I don’t have any games.”
He was shocked. “How do you have any fun with your Nook with no games?”
I said, “I have fun reading.”
He didn’t really buy it.


I read Luke 11 last night. I had this response repeatedly: “Wow!” Won’t talk about the entire chapter, just one part. After introducing the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus says:

5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;  
6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?  
7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.  
8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.  

I love this really big word in v 8, importunity. Haven’t even looked at the Greek word but the English definition of this wonderful word is, “troublesomely urgent; overly persistent.” Wow!

And Jesus applies his own story:
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?  
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?  
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

What encouragement this was for me. Thank You!


One more thought. I have been making a list of people I am better than and superior to. Here it is. It’s long and rather specific, but just being honest:



















Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment