Thursday, August 22, 2013

An open book

My youngest daughter called last night and told me she had been to The Santa Fe Indian Market. According to their web site “It is the largest and most prestigious Native arts market in the world and the largest cultural event in the southwest.” She said, “All the time we were there I was thinking, Dad would love this.” She’s right, too. Sounds totally interesting to me!

A couple of weeks ago I made a comment about a TV show that Mary was watching, one that I couldn’t get into. I made a fb comment to this effect and another daughter replied with a description of how I watch new shows:

1. “It wasn't my idea to start watching it, therefore I will approach it with much skeptism.”
2. If things aren't explained upfront, you lose interest - not because you can't handle it, but because you would rather not

I read that to Mary and she burst out laughing, “She sure has you pegged!”

Several years ago, still another daughter went to Ecuador. She came back with a knife for me. She said, “I know how much you like knives.” At that time I was not aware of that about me!

I must be an open book and my girls know how to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment